There are a lot of home inspectors out there, and their service and quality varies greatly!
What sets me apart from the rest:
- Accurate, detailed, digital report with pictures delivered within 24 hours of the inspection. Be warry of those who print out
the inspection report on site. Those reports are mostly "canned" with pre-populated comments, and not too much thought or effort is put into them.
- I take my time when inspecting your house. An inspection will take 2-4 hours to complete. I treat it as if it were my own
home! There will be no guessing as to what is wrong with your home when I'm finished. I also point out the positives of the home as they are sometimes just as important as the negatives.
- Affordable. My pricing is very reasonable for the amount of detail you will get and the amount of time I spend.
- I encourage all buyers to be present during the home inspection. By doing this, the buyer can ask questions as we go and feel more
confident about the condition of the home. Most home inspectors do not do this and would rather you not be present.
- Excellent and friendly customer service. I pride myself on customer service and making you feel comfortable. The home
inspection does not need to be stressful. If you are not happy, then I have not done my job. Your peace of mind is my #1 priority!
- Prompt. Time is very precious during the home buying process. When you schedule a home inspection, I arrive 15 minutes prior
to the scheduled time ensuring no time is wasted. If a radon test is needed, I will ask to place the test kit in the home 48 hours prior to the home inspection. This allows me to pick up
the test kit at the same time I inspect the home, and not waste any of your precious time.
- I have over 15 years of experience in the building trades. Most home inspectors have little to none.
- If you decide not to buy the home, I offer a reduced rate for another home inspection.
- If I missed anything during the home inspection, I will come out to re-inspect the specified area and offer to fix the issue at no cost
to the buyer. This is part of the contract and is valid for 10 business days after closing. Again, be warry of other home inspectors offereing a "home guarantee" at no charge.
This is typically not what you a expect and if you read the fine print, you will see that there really is no "guarantee" at all.
In the end, I want you to feel like you know the house as if you have been living there for years. Buying a house is a stressful
time, the home inspection does not have to add to the stress. Peace of mind is my #1 priority!
Call to setup your home inspection today 716-422-0404
Regarding Home Warranties offered by other home inspectors:
I have done research on these "home warranties" offered by other home inspectors. The below is taken from a home inspection blog
and I believe it explains the inspector offered "home warranty" perfectly:
"I am asked this question on occasion from prospective clients who have been doing their due diligence in selecting the right home
inspector. There are a number of inspectors who use "Home Warranties" as a marketing gimmick in obtaining inspection work. These home warranties are offered through a third party provider, and are
loaded with exclusions and limitations. Unfortunately the reality is that these warranties offered for "free" by home inspectors are woefully inadequate in duration and coverage. For instance
a 90 day warranty starts the day of the inspection, not on the day you close on the home. Additionally there is an overwhelming amount of complaints about these warranty companies not
paying out on claims, leaving home owners dissatisfied. It is my opinion that offering a "free home warranty" to my clients would set unrealistic expectations and in the end would provide them
with only a worthless piece of paper. This is not how a successful business is operated, and therefore Miller Home Inspection does not offer a home warranty with the inspection. If you are
considering using an inspector, who has offered a home warranty, you might ask yourself; "Why does this company need to use a marketing gimmick to obtain business?" Most experienced professional
inspectors do not need gimmicks."